Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Forrest Gump - Inspiring Movie


Part of the scenes in the film of Forrest Gump
taken in South Carolina of USA.



Find life getting you down? Is the day-to-day life make you feel tired? There is a movie out there that can replenish your energy and inspiring your life. Forrest Gump is one of my favorite movies that I can keep on watching with joy from time to time. Yet each time of watching there is meaningful reflection on my life.

Forrest Gump (Tom Hanks), is a little "slow" and retarded but good hearted Southern boy growing up in Greenbow, Alabama. His IQ is 75, 5 below the state's definition of "normal", but this doesn't seem to bother him, his mother, or his best and the only friend, Jenny. During the next thirty years, he manifests his wisdom, empathy and compassion in a very natural way with his true love and simplicity. That is heart warming and touching. As his life unfolds, Forrest becomes a star football player, a war hero, a successful businessman, and something of a pop icon.

Through it all, however, there is one important person that involved in his life: his love for Jenny. She is never far from his thoughts, no matter what he's doing or where he is, Jenny is alway his woman in his heart, even after her death! A very simple, pure love, he just wants to take care of her, genuine and unconditioned love for Jenny! A very touching and inspiring story...

The film, winner of 6 Oscars including Best Actor (Hanks) and Best Picture!

This movie is simply brilliant, it teaches you that in life, everyone has a place in this world, no matter you are dump or smart. It inspires people to live life in simplicity and with sincerity, then your life will lead you by itself. No need to worry.

I love Forrest Gump, it is an amazing movie!

Forrest Gump has several messages, inspiring and meaningful to tell us, no matter how tough is, not to give up on life. Why surrender or worry when you don't know what will happen in your future? Some of the quotes from Forrest Gump are meaningful and memorable:

  • My Mama always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
  • Mama always said, dying was a part of life.
  • You have to do the best with what God gave you.
  • When I got tired, I slept. When I got hungry, I ate. When I had to go, you know, I went.
  • You died (Jenny) on a Saturday morning. And I had you placed here under our tree. And I had that house of your father's bulldozed to the ground. Momma always said dyin' was a part of life. I sure wish it wasn't. Little Forrest, he's doing just fine. About to start school again soon. I make his breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day. I make sure he combs his hair and brushes his teeth every day. Teaching him how to play ping-pong. He's really good. We fish a lot. And every night, we read a book. He's so smart, Jenny. You'd be so proud of him. I am. He, uh, wrote a letter, and he says I can't read it. I'm not supposed to, so I'll just leave it here for you. Jenny, I don't know if Momma was right or if, if it's Lieutenant Dan. I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidental-like on a breeze, but I, I think maybe it's both. Maybe both is happening at the same time. I miss you, Jenny. If there's anything you need, I won't be far away.

  • ....

No comments:

Post a Comment