Saturday, September 18, 2010

Just to Share My Thoughts....

Warren Buffett
Without fancy house, Warren Buffett lives in
this modest house for decades.
Wow... He throws away his money!

  1. Money doesn't create man but it is the man who created money.
  2. Live your life as simple as possible.
  3. Don't do what others say, just listen to them, but do what you feel good.
  4. Don't go on brand name; just wear those things in which you feel comfortable.
  5. Don't waste your money on unnecessary things; just spend on them who really in need rather.
  6. After all it's your life then why give chance to others to rule your life.

The advice given by Warren Buffett, the second richest man in the world after Bill Gates. Same as Bill Gates, this man gives almost all his wealth back to the society. Rich man like Warren Buffett lives a simple life and keep low profile.

Well, people like him so rich and yet so modest, and live in such a simple life. Seldom people realize and differentiate between need and want, between sensual pleasure and inner happiness. To live a simple life it means Warren Buffett lives on his need rather than want, that is the main reason why he can lead such a simple life because he enjoys inner happiness. Simple life & happiness related to one another and intertwined.

You see, say is easy, people like us, often succumb to 'want' more than 'need'! I always think I lead a very simple life, now I think it may not be so, hehehe...

Over many years, one of my weaknesses is, I spend quite a hefty sum on IT products, like computers & hand phones, etc. I always want to keep up with the latest model or the most advanced products. A very expensive 'hobby'! And a classic example of showing greed and buying things more than necessary or need! This is NOT a simple life anymore, right?

Malu or shame to say that actually I am planning to buy iPhone4, iPad, etc .... hahaha... Why buy these? I don't know!

Hmmm... after reading Warren Buffett's advice, I have a second thought! Thank you Sir, you knock my head hard! I still have few more hand phones at home, left unused, and my MacBook Pro I just bought it last year...It is perfect and more than what I NEED! So why iPad?

I have to admit, that is greed in action, hahaha... Now I think I should walk the talk... 向Warren Buffett 看齊吧! Ask myself, do I need that? Very weak sound from my heart says "no~~~~~~"... Haha, so let go that things, at least I can save RM 7,000 or more, wow, not bad!

Saving? With INSTANT reaction, do you know what I am thinking NOW? Haha, let you know my thought: "Why not make a trip to Europe by just adding few more thousands?" Ha... you see, another greed in action, so fast! This is how the mind working, it always wants something! Mind is also very good at justification. It tells me: "You are not wasting money lah, after all traveling is your hobby, right? Give yourself a rest mah!"; "Why keep the money in the bank account, while you are in the heaven. Better enjoy now, be happy while you are alive!"; "Aiya, you have friends in Europe what, go lah visit them, not much money spend mah..." Hahaha... very tempting 'advice', and more powerful than Warren Buffett's one!

Now, my friends ... You judge, what should I do? Or just forget about that and go to Facebook playing games day & night, to kill time? Oh no, my dear, that is NOT my hobby lah... only get my mind more deluded & ignorant... it becomes addicted too! Not a good idea...Not my WAY of life.

Anyway, life is not perfect, with all those weaknesses, and sometimes up & down, it is still wonderful, and full of happiness. So try to enjoy life by creating positive life style and LIVE with it, that is the MOST important thing to do. My goal is to live life in FULL every day. Just be mindful and watch my thoughts popping up, just look at the thought arising one after another, be it good or bad without resistance, sometimes just laugh at those greedy & funny thoughts, with the mind detachedly and remains calm & cool. Over a time, will see thoughts clearer and clearer... Eventually live life better, wiser & happier too. Because there is a detachment, a distance between thoughts and yourself. This cool distance make you less and less affected or involved with your thoughts.

Interesting? You also can try, then you will agree, and enjoy your life, and you don't depend on anyone for happiness but just train your mind in this way, you will see thought is NOT you, thought is thought only! You can take it as a 'hobby', to 'kill' your time rather than playing Facebook's game! Try it...Cool!

By this way I will live my life more in need, rather than want. Sure, first thing, I have to let go and CUT OFF all those unnecessary things, including people! Involved with people who are insincere with BIG ego, they always disturb mind's peacefulness. For peace and happiness, try to avoid these people.

Actually simple life is a happy life. Yes, it is true, but happiness, different from sensual pleasure, such as enjoying a good meal, a good sleep, or indulge in bodily sensations like love, intimate relationships, etc. The sensual pleasure depends on OTHER to provide you pleasure, and it is outside thing, it is also NOT dependable, as people tend to change, situation will change too, not stable.

But happiness, PEACE & CALM, it cannot be found from outside, it is HERE & NOW, within your heart and mind! But it needs to be realized by purification of heart and mind, by making yourself more sincere and honest not only to people but to YOURSELF! It means you see the negative sides of yourself, like greed, anger,selfishness,big ego, etc. That is the process of purification of your mind & heart by understanding your own nature. Gradually with deeper self understanding, happiness arises by itself. You no need to seek it, it comes when you are ready! You no need to BEG people for happiness, but for sensual pleasure, YES! It depends on your friends, your husband, your wife, your girlfriend, your money, your career, your boss, even your religion, etc. Depend on all these external things to stir up your pleasure, without these your are lost and empty. You think you are happy if you own them, have them, control them, and lack of these you are insecure. Not realized that these are all impermanent. They come and go, without your permission! Once you had, and lost them again, then you are depressed.

Then you feel empty and hollow in life, being unhappy, you want to grasp something to replace the hollowness and emptiness in life. You look high & low, for things you want, to satisfy your pleasure and wanting. You even hide yourself by indulging in internet gaming to avoid meaningless life, that created by you! In this manner, we FOREVER cannot be satisfied, just like chasing a rainbow, it is fruitless. Therefore we are always being unhappy and insecure. I think everyone might have experienced this before, right? There is no secure marriage or relationship in this world, they subject to time, and change. We just don't know when, the change will come! We live in the world of change.

Happiness also cannot co-exist with the mind full of GREED, DELUSION & IGNORANCE, right? Just like brightness & darkness. In other words, you cannot be happy when you hurt people, not sincere in action and not tell truth or honest when deal with friend. Then your friend will avoid you, he will go away and leave you alone because he has choice. Why waste time on you? How can you have happiness by being not sincere to other? Universal law is like this: it goes around, and comes around, and caused karmic consequences to you, eventually. This is due to deep inside your heart, what you did to other, good or bad, you know but you don't admit it. There is BIG ego inside thinks other always wrong, I am NO wrong, why should I admit? This shows the pride and arrogance. The ego and pride that create a distance between you and your friend.

So to have happiness, first thing is to admit we are not perfect and make mistakes. Start from here, we change the mental attitude, from unwholesome mental state to wholesome mental state, and cultivate good and kind thoughts, then automatically, you will be a sincere person because of sincere heart, by putting away your pride and ego, right?

Just to share .... The thoughts that arising at these moments, with the happiness also arises from my sharing with you. May all of you be well and happy. Cheer up!

2 comments:

  1. "Malu or shame to say that actually I am planning to buy iPhone4, iPad, etc .... hahaha... Why buy these? I don't know! "
    haha..... you bought iPhone4 already~~~~~ hohoho~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...I am caught...Speechless...
    Hmmm....'Bad habit' dies hard... or else how to spend my money,
    hahaha... Look like very rich.... hohoho...
    Anyway, I love iPhone4 so much, it helps my work, instant report... WITH PIX some more, I think it helps my work...improves quality of
    report...

    ReplyDelete