Friday, March 26, 2010

Another Side of Chaing Mai


My friend with white shirt, a Tarot cards fortune teller serving her client
A common scene - a devotee at street paying respect to a monk...
An old city of Chaing Mai, surrounded by fortress and gates
A modern Chaing Mai, remains cool and peaceful...
At Sunday market - never miss the local food...
The young girls- performed cultural dance at Sunday market
Street band performed for donation.

My friend, Miss Tan, (Thai word means a kind of flower...?) a Tarot card reader, always reminded me to go for a walk on the Chaing Mai Sunday market. Every Sunday, from 4 pm, the street which is closed entirely to traffic, this is to allow for local people, as well as tourists to walk leisurely and enjoy the genuine Thai food, buying local products, seeing the cultural aspects and their ways of life. This is my favorite market, where I can understand their cultures deeper.

From here, there are all sorts of goods available, which are truly authentic of Thai products, and hand made. There are also a great variety of food and drink for your choice. You just can forget yourself and absorbed yourself while enjoying walking and be part of the scene. A really great experience and it is an unmissable event too !

Along the street, there are a lot of artists, traditional musicians, cultural dancers, puppet shows, rock bands, and also fortune tellers. Oh yes...one of them is my friend, a 'gypsy' woman, Miss Tan, who experts in reading Tarot cards. She used to visit Tham Tong where I stayed for my retreat, and she doing charity works for the temple, a very warm hearted lady, and like to help people.

I wonder why she inclined to this kind of life style as she is graduated from a university in Chaing Mai with a degree in Philosophy. She told me she preferred to find freedom in life without attachment to relationship and money. And wants to do charity to help the poor and temples. That is the life style she chooses and enjoys, being single but self depended. That's why she is very contented with her life, even though the income is limited because she has found the happiness, being self support and total freedom. Yes, I salute her that she knows what she wants in life and knows what she is doing and enjoys her life. That is the most important thing.

Well, after I found her doing her business at a corner of a buddhist temple. Being curious, I asked her to tell me about my life. This is the first time, to engage in Tarot cards to read my fate. Oh, not bad at all, in fact having a good life! I can only say, she is very professional and quite accurately predicted my life.

Now, I am very interested in Tarot Cards, I wonder why with this simple set of cards, she could tell my life story so accurately. As she always told me, actually I already know about my life. Yes, I totally agree with her. I know my life already, in fact, very clear and precise. There is no doubt about it. But it is good that she confirmed it again.

Well, have a good day, may you be well and happy, my dear gypsy woman, see you again, if I have chance to come back again...

No comments:

Post a Comment